Stretch leveling has many benefits & differences over other types of leveling processes:
- Stresses are equalized to eliminate spring back
- Mechanical properties of the material are not affected
- Not limited to by incoming shape or amount of shape correction it can provide
- Potential for surface damage with other forms of leveling
- Limited thickness range via other methods of processing.
Note: If significant width reduction has not occurred, as in the Roller Leveler example, permanent correction of length disparities has not occurred.